[3830] RAC Winter VE3KZ SOAB QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter VE3KZ SOAB QRP
From: VE3KZ@attcanada.ca (VE3KZ@attcanada.ca)
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 17:17:25 -0500 (EST)
                     RAC(VE) Winter Contest

Call: VE3KZ
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs): 8

 Band     QSOs    CW    Phone
-----------------------------
  160:      7      2      2
   80:     45      2      4
   40:     66      7      8
   20:     59      8     10
   15:     52      6      7
   10:     54      5      6
    6:      3      1      1
    2:      3      1      1
-----------------------------
Total:    289     32     39  =  178,210

Club:

Comments:

Started in at 13:30 on Saturday morning after attending my daughter's wedding
in Toronto Friday night. After an hour in the driving snow, an immediate start
into the contest after midnight just wasn't in the books. Saturday morning was
a little casual QRP, a couple of hours off, no real competitive attempt.
Sometime during the afternoon, I noticed that the score was rising quite nicely
and a couple of hours before the end I decided to have a run at the QRP record
and managed it with about 40 minutes to spare! Operating time was about 8
hours. It would appear that something like 500K QRP is doable under the right
conditions!

Equipment: IC-706MKIIG, 4 to 5 W output.

2m Vertical
6m 40m Dipole
10m 5el NE (frozen), 3el NW (moveable verrry slowly)
20m 4el NE (same rotator), 3el NW (ditto)
40m Dipole and Quarter wave vertical
80m Fan Inverted Vee
160m Inverted Vee.

10 Acres of deep snow @ -15C