[3830] RTTY Roundup - 5B4AGW - SOAB - LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup - 5B4AGW - SOAB - LP
From: dez@cytanet.com.cy (Dez in Cyprus)
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 19:43:12 +0200
2nd attempt at posting, don't think the RTTY forms are working :(

ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call used: 5B4AGW

Location:  Nr. Famagusta, Cyprus

Entry Class: Single Op, All Band, Low Power

Band    QSOs   Pts   QTH    DX
80         3     3     0     3
40       131   130     1    38
20        43    43     1    18
15       126   125     9    38
10       168   166     1    30
--------------------------------------
Total    471   467    11*   54*
--------------------------------------
* - Counted only once (not once per band)
--------------------------------------

Claimed Score: 30355

Software: RTTY by WF1B  v4.4f

Transceiver: TS-870

Power Output: 50 W

Antenna: 40m dipole (balanced feed) 25 feet up.

Club Participation: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

Good fun, lots of stations to work, big thanks to everyone
who called my pathetically weak RTTY tones! 50w to a 40m dipole
isn't going to give you a BIG signal.

Wow! A52YL for an all-time new one; wondered if it was a pirate?

I do like CW, but RTTY contests do seem more relaxing, and
as someone else commented, less brain power required on RTTY. I agree.

I mostly like the format of the contest, especially mults counting
once - that's good for the 'little pistols' who don't have QRO or big
antenna farms. I can't work much on 80m, so you don't feel like you're
losing out if you can keep your rate up on 10-15-20m.

What I don't like is the 2 break periods. Yes, have 6 hours but surely
having 3 breaks of 2 hours should be allowed.

73 Dez - 5B4AGW, ZC4DW, ZD8DEZ, G0DEZ

QSL via G0DEZ or direct:

Dez Watson
C.A.O.