[3830] RTTY Roundup W4MR M/S LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup W4MR M/S LP
From: aa4nc@aol.com (aa4nc@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 20:57:47 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W4MR
Operator(s): AA4NC, W4CC
Station: AA4NC

Class: M/S LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 24

   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:            <-----Multipliers ----->
   10:          States  Provinces  DX   Total
Total:    831                            102   =  84,660

Club: PVRC

Comments:

Our score was down a bit from last year, even though most seem to be up.
We spent too much time calling CQ with low power I'm afraid. Old habits are
hard to break! How we missed Rhode Island when K1AM made 1200+ Qs is a symptom
of our bad strategy, and too laid back approach.

Oh well - it was as always a lot of fun. W4CC and I use this contest as an
annual reunion event to catch up with each other and to socialize while we
operate. That's the beauty of RTTY. We sit around and BS, watch TV, eat, and
everything BUT contest while contesting! I was going to set up a second radio,
but that would spoil the fun!