[3830] RTTY Roundup K7ZO SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup K7ZO SOAB HP
From: k7zo@micron.net (k7zo@micron.net)
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 23:18:15 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K7ZO
Operator(s): K7ZO
Station: K7ZO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: ID
Operating Time (hrs): 6:45

   80:     88
   40:      5
   20:     20
   15:     19     <-----Multipliers ----->
   10:    117   States  Provinces  DX   Total
Total:    249     44        8      19     71   =  17,679

Club: Southwest Idaho Contest Club

Comments:

A lot of fun for the part time effort. My soapbox tidbits:

* Missed the usual suspects like everyone else: MT, WY, DE, GA! (I still
  can't figure the GA one out. I had 3-4 SC's, even one on 80M and that is
  usually the hard one down that way.) ID was also tough for me though one
  finally called me on 80M Sunday morning. Also missed PEI, NF, NWT.
  VY1JA called me, always appreciated when you don't have to hunt
  Jay down.
* Had a bunch of fun on 80M Saturday night. Was trying to fill out the
  states for my 5BWAS. Got all of them but DE! Rats. Also thrilled to
  have VP5RY give me a call. For a guy in Idaho using a top loaded
  HF2V that is real DX.
* Made my first PSK 31 contacts of all time. KI3P was recepient of #1.
  WriteLog is great in being able to switch modes with just a mouse
  click. I have had real trouble getting WL to work with my FT1000MP
  on this mode. About an hour before the contest realized that the filter
  setting of 1000 were acting as a bandpass filter for the tones around
  2250 or so. So re-set WRITELOG.INI and it worked great. I have had this
  problem for a year or so and finally figured it out.
* DX not real prevalent, but not on the air much. Not much of an 10M
  Europe opening on Sunday AM.

Wish I could have operated more, but just too much going on. Log will be posted
to eQSL.cc in a couple of days for those that want cards.

Scott/K7ZO