[3830] NAQP CW W4PA(@K4JNY) SO

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W4PA(@K4JNY) SO
From: w4pa@yahoo.com (w4pa@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 15:27:32 -0500 (EST)

Station:  2 x Ten-Tec Omni-VI Plus
10: 4/4, single 5 el
15: 4 el
20: TH6/TH6
40: 4 el vertical array fixed NE, dipole E/W @ 50 ft.
80: phased verticals switchable NE/SW
160: inverted L
6 beverages.

Off times 2008-2038, 0106-0136, 0500-0600.

Wow, what a contest.  The hardest part was deciding when to take off time
after I'd already taken 30 minutes.  After a 102 hour from 0000-0100 the
calls on 20 were getting stale, 40 was getting some answers to CQs but 80
hadn't started yet so I figured if I was going to get any mults on the
low bands I had to do it now or wait until the end.   I think I made the
right decision as the rate picked up where it left off right when I
jumped back on....

Most surprising moment was working someone on 80 and hearing QRL? in
the right ear on 7.030 followed by CQ NA VY1JA - immediately snagged
that one.  N9RV referred to his frustration over not being able to
work a loud VY1JA on 10 - I never heard Jay anywhere else the whole
contest.  The only mult I heard that I missed (other than unsuccessful
moves) was WO7Y on 20 who was moved to 15 by K7RAT and didn't come
back to his 20m CQ freq.

See you for the CW Sprint.

Scott Robbins, W4PA