[3830] NAQP SSB VE6AO M/2

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB VE6AO M/2
From: nancy.grant@bissett.com (nancy.grant@bissett.com)
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 20:21:39 -0500 (EST)
                     North America QSO Party - SSB

Call: VE6AO
Operator(s): VE6TC, MIKE; VE6EX,MIKE
Station: VE6AO

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Calgary AB
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
----------------------
Total:   1534    253  =  385,319

Club/Team: CARA  Dx Club, ALBERTA CLIPPERS

Comments:

Our Multi-2::   1.  FT1000 plus the arrays at 100', Bencher tribander, 2el on
40, and a multitude of wires for Mike VE6TC and me.
                2.  TS940SAT plus the field day trailer tower and 3el TH3 at
50'; the trusty multiband vertical and of course the low dipoles for Dan VE6EX
(also a Michael)  We both had a collection of coax stubs to help out on
inter-station mess.

  Contest Friends:
   Well, you have to admit the condx. sure were what new records are made of.
At least on the top bands. Three hours into the event we (I) lost the all so
necessary field day tribander; so Murphy was present as usual. My partner
Michael got his first exposure to **TRLOG**, and we both did'nt have a clue how
to do a multi-2. Thank You Don VE6JY for the guiding help , and the Q's. I
would have had us doing a pair of single ops with extra time HI! For the
record, a low 40 meter sloping dipole out- shoots a hi swr tribander (untunable
with the rig tuner), and completely blows away a slightly raised multiband
vertical on 15m. However a beat out tribander still puts the thumb on the
vertical!!!
   But---Mike, completely raw to ***TRLOG*** INSTANTLY adapted to my fresh
version of TR. Somehow I did'nt mess up our very first metwork, and the start
saw us running in the high 200's, briefly over 300, so proof that it can be
done, or beginners luck. I surely noticed the lack of battles/jamming that has
become so mormal contest weekend. Everybody seemed very happy to be on.
  See you on 160,
  Dan, VE6EX..