[3830] CQ160 CW K1NK SO HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K1NK SO HP
From: K1NK@USA.COM (K1NK@USA.COM)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 12:46:19 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K1NK
Operator(s): K1NK
Station: K1NK

Class: SO HP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 19

QSOs: 587  States/Provinces: 52  Countries: 17  Score: 101,016

Comments:

If you've been active in the last several Top Band contests, you really can
appreciate this one. The conditions were so good on the first night I had to
pinch myself to be sure that this wasn't my recurring dream. At one point I had
a little pile of EU calling me. That's not something an LP station takes for
granted. The West coast stations are usually easy to find, they are a little
weaker than the mid west wall, but this year they were just as loud as the W8s
and W9s.

I think participation was a little down. With conditions this good I should
have been able to make more Qs, but maybe it was just me.

The second night was not as quiet as the first, but the propagation was still
great.

This contest will be tough to beat. In years to come We'll all be
saying..."remember the contest of 2001".

See you in a month, same band different mode.

Jim - K1NK