[3830] NA Sprint SSB NA9D LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB NA9D LP
From: jms403@psu.edu (jms403@psu.edu)
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 11:43:11 -0500 (EST)
                     NA Sprint - SSB

Call: NA9D
Operator: KB3AFT
Station: NA9D

Power: LP
QTH: IL

   80:     70
   40:    123
   20:     86
----------------------
Total:    279 Qs   47 Mults =  13,113

Club/Team: DEAD LIZARDS CAN TALK

Comments:

Rig:       FT-1000

Antennas:  TA-33 @ 40'
           G5RV  @ 60'

A big thank you to Jon, NA9D, and his wife for allowing me to invade their home
for the evening.

I forgot how frustrating Low Power can be until I got to 80...you HP W8s, W9s,
and W0s were smokin!!!  Had to retreat back to 40 and 20 several times just to
keep the last 10 rate from dropping to nil.  Felt loud on 80 once the initial
rush of the HP guys was over.

The 40 meter start rocked!!!  If you're in the midwest/east coast and started
on 20, try starting on 40 next weekend or in the phone sprint in Sept.  I
guarantee you'll be glad you did! :)

Lots of stations with great ears!  Thanks to everyone who pulled me out of the
muck.

73

Jim KB3AFT/9