[3830] NA Sprint SSB K7SV LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB K7SV LP
From: k7sv@va.prestige.net (k7sv@va.prestige.net)
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 13:17:14 -0500 (EST)
                     NA Sprint - SSB

Call: K7SV
Operator: K7SV
Station: K7SV

Power: LP
QTH: VA

   80:     48
   40:    119
   20:     97
----------------------
Total:    264 Qs   45 Mults =  11,880

Club/Team: PVRC

Comments:

Had a great time until I hit 75. I'll have a decent antenna for that band
before next season. The reverse fed GP just doesn't cut the mustard on the
shorter stuff. This may open a bag of worms, but is it time to consider
limiting the sprints (and other domestic contests) to low power? Reasons:
1) While I enjoy the sprints there is an element of head banging as was
mentioned by a few other low power entrants. I'd like to think there would
be an increase in activity if it were limited to low power. 2) Unlike the dx
contests I believe that all the multipliers can be worked with low power 3)
With the electric power situation in California, environmental considerations,
and FCC regulations there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that use of 1500
watts in domestic contests is wrong. When we moved into this qth nine years
ago I decided to limit myself to low power to help get along with my
neighbors. In that time I haven't had the first complaint regarding
interference to elecronic consumer products and my wife no longer grits
her teeth as I tell her there's a contest weekend coming up.