[3830] ARRLDX CW K1EP SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K1EP SOAB LP
From: k1ep@arrl.net (k1ep@arrl.net)
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 13:10:30 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K1EP
Operator(s): K1EP
Station: K1EP

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:      4      4
   80:     51     29
   40:    114     47
   20:    137     44
   15:    160     53
   10:    172     48
----------------------
Total:    638    225  =  430,650

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Friday morning before the contest, I was out behind the condo with a slingshot
attempting to put up a somewhat stealth piece of wire for the low bands.  I got
something up that was barely above ground, as my slingshot techniques need
improvement.  That coupled with my trusty R5 vertical on the back deck was the
extent of my antenna farm.  I was surprised at how quiet 160 was.  I was
hearing Europe just fine with my wet noodle, but hardly anyone heard me.  The
low bands sounded great with the wire, but sure wish I had some aluminum in the
air!

saved