[3830] ARRLDX CW K4XS(N2NL) SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K4XS(N2NL) SOAB LP
From: n2nl@adelphia.net (n2nl@adelphia.net)
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 18:55:20 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K4XS
Operator(s): N2NL
Station: K4XS

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Radios: SO2R

  160:     39     31
   80:    230     57
   40:    722     80
   20:    870     87
   15:    702     81
   10:    859     85
----------------------
Total:   3422    421  =  4,310,000

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

First of all, I need to apologize once again to Tim, K3LR.  I had previously
promised to help him out with his M/M effort, however a situation with my job
(USCG) prevented me from leaving the state for this past weekend and I had to
back out.  I hope you're not mad Tim.
   Fortunately, I was able to get permission to travel to Tampa to operate from
K4XS's awesome station, with the possibility of getting recalled.  Fortunately
I never got that call and I was able to put in the full effort.
   Bill's amp is broken, so that limited me to a SOABLP effort.  I went all
out, 100%, two radio effort.  I ended up with several hundred band changes and
I never was out of the chair for longer than a minute or so the entire contest.
 Conditions were great and I was able to break pileups easily and hold a run
frequency without any problems.
   I'll be doing a full writeup in the next couple weeks.

73, Dave N2NL