[3830] ARRLDX CW N6RFM SOAB(A) HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N6RFM SOAB(A) HP
From: n6rfm@charter.net (n6rfm@charter.net)
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 22:55:37 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N6RFM
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 33

  160:     36     30
   80:    137     54
   40:    231     75
   20:    246     82
   15:    524     88
   10:    462     97
----------------------
Total:   1636    426  =  2,088,252

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Equipment :

TS-940S/AT, ETO Alpha 78, Force 12 C4E at 55 feet, dual band phased array
for 40/80M.
The two MFJ-1792 elements are  spaced for 80M and pointing NE to Europe.
Switching
by Comtek. A 160M inverted L for TX/RX.  A 160M Flag antenna for RX fed with
K1FZ KB-5
transformer and Lance Johnson Engineering  ECP-1 remote preamplifier system.
Logging by Writelog version10.23F.

Excuse:

Friday evening ice storm lowered the resonance points on the low band array
(40M part was unaffected), 40M element on the Force12 C4 and the 160M L
antennas
These antennas were lousy (lossy ?) Friday PM/Saturday AM.  The C4E only
worked on 20M until everything thawed about 10 AM local.

As if the ice storm wasn't bad enough, I had to replace the Kenwood TS-940
power supply
fan motor at 3AM local Saturday morning (along with an LCD display bulb
which blew in
sympathy ).  The 940 case got really hot when the fan died.  Time for a new
rig ??

In short, I had a BLAST. Things were much better Saturday PM without the
ice and the QRM from N1CX was notably absent!