[3830] CQ160 SSB GU8D Multi HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB GU8D Multi HP
From: G3SVL@manyoaks.co.uk (G3SVL@manyoaks.co.uk)
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 04:10:57 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: GU8D
Operator(s): G3SJJ, G3SVL, G3UEG
Station:

Class: Multi HP
QTH: Guernsey
Operating Time (hrs): 32

QSOs: 480  States/Provinces: 8  Countries: 48  Score: 139,104

Comments:

Conitions were way down on two years ago when we worked from GJ.  Conditions
slightly better for DX on Saturday morning. DX mults down as well as NA mults.
NA stns were never really there and could not hear us when we called.  Most NA
stns readable only on the beverage.  Best DX K5RX in Texas, loudest NA's were
K1ZM & N8TR both of whom peaked at S9 for about 15 mins.

Stn set up:  FT1000MP + Alpha 91

Antennas:    90ft vertical with 70 off 100+ ft radials
             dipole at 60ft
             500ft beverage aimed at NA
             K9AY
             low dipole for rx

Station located at Guernsey Radio Club, who were tremendously helpful and
wonderful hosts.  Great weekend, disappointing result.