[3830] ARRLDX SSB K2UOP SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K2UOP SOAB HP
From: k2uop@raven-villages.net (k2uop@raven-villages.net)
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 20:09:15 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K2UOP
Operator(s): K2UOP
Station: K2UOP

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:      8      7
   80:     34     29
   40:    137     58
   20:    170     62
   15:    189     63
   10:    328     80
----------------------
Total:    866    299  =  776,802

Club: PVRC

Comments:

Lowered the C31XR (it's on a Hazer) on Sunday in anticipation of the big ice
and snow storm expected here in WV. I t was slippery going, and my hands were
frozen, but I didn't want any storm damage.  The ice on the antenna was
affecting the SWR on 15M anyway.  The new phased verticals for 40M got put to
the test.  I could switch the phasing for NE or SW.  How nice that is, but now
I am wondering if I really need the 2 el 40M beam I planned to get at Dayton.
Any way the most important thing is I had fun.  New pet peeve for this contest:
Guys on 40 meters that keep working people without giving their calls or saying
what frequency they are listening on.  At least on the other bands I can ask
for their call when they go 10 or 15 QSO's without identifying.  CU in the WPX
contests.