[3830] ARRLDX SSB W6AX M/2 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W6AX M/2 HP
From: n6ig@arrl.net (n6ig@arrl.net)
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 14:29:12 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W6AX
Operator(s): N6IG, K3EST, K6AW
Station: W6GO

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: SV
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:      8      8
   80:     82     29
   40:    529     73
   20:    652    109
   15:   1485    130
   10:    948    113
----------------------
Total:   3704    462  =  5,132,358

Club: River City Contesters

Comments:

Wow, what a difference two weeks makes!  Had great plans of making 7+ Meg based
on the CW weekend, but we just broke the old W6 record for this category and
made less of a score than on CW.  Saturday morning opening was OK on 10,
nothing to write home about, but compared to Sunday it was wonderful!  At least
there were lots of stations to QSO on 15 Sunday.  Big storm blew in Sunday as
well with 50+ MPH winds, aggravating several local noise sources on 10 meters.
But our "iron man team" had a lot of fun anyway.  Thanks again to W6GO and
K6HHD for letting us invade their house and putting up with K3EST and I yelling
"what is the call?" all weekend!