[3830] ARRLDX SSB KC8FS SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KC8FS SOAB LP
From: kc8fs@aol.com (kc8fs@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 20:10:38 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KC8FS
Operator(s): KC8FS
Station: KC8FS

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 34

  160:      0      0
   80:     18     15
   40:     57     40
   20:    273     74
   15:    309     75
   10:    794     87
----------------------
Total:   1451    291  =  1,266,723

Club: PVRC

Comments:

Station: FT-1000MP, TA-33 Tribander @ 50ft., 80/40 wire doublet, 40m delta loop

This was the first time I ever cracked 1,000 QSOs and is certainly my first
effort that netted me 1 Meg points. I have operated LP in this contest for
perhaps 10 or so years and have had a couple of top-10 finishes in the LP
category but nothing even close to this.  Those of you that think LP isn't
tough should give it a go.  My hat is off to you QRPers!  Great signals on 10M,
wish this would be a year-in-year-out condx. I had some great runs on 10 that
will make this contest memorable for me for a long time.  Highlight of the
contest was running on 15M when SU9ZZ calls and thanks me for the multiplier
(WV).  I would like to thank Dave WA8WV for the use of the MFJ voice keyer and
Ron KG8GW for helping me with some last minute antenna work. Thanks too to all
the stations especially in EU that gave me a Q. And I want to also thank Bob
W4MYA for his "Morris Code"--- "Run 'em Dudes."  Got that right, BigDude!