[3830] AA5AU BARTG Single Band 10M

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] AA5AU BARTG Single Band 10M
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 19:26:41 -0600

Between shopping for garden flowers, watching NASCAR and fielding
about 60 phone calls from work, I was lucky to be able to participate.
Ten meters was in decent shape.  Fair openings to EU on both days and
good condx to JA too.  Biggest surprise was 9M6US calling while I was
auto CQ'ing an hour past sunset Saturday night.  Working all JA call
areas was nice too.

Had to work a lot of stateside on scatter and no KH6 in the log!

Endless CQ's on Sunday with little answers but gave me a chance to
scan a few more certificates and plaques for the website.  Check out:
http://www.geocities.com/aa5au/contestsummary.html

Broke the NA 10M record, but that wasn't too hard.  AE0Q was the most
active station I heard on the band.  Probably got him a new 10m single
band NA record if you was single band.

Call:  AA5AU
QTH:  Louisiana, USA
Single Op, Single Band, 10 meters

398 QSO's - 58 DX - 27 Call Areas - 6 continents
Score:  202,980

Station:
Kenwood TS-870 transceiver
Ameritron AL-80B amplifier at 400 watts