[3830] WPX SSB NX5M SOSB15 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB NX5M SOSB15 HP
From: nx5m@arrl.net (nx5m@arrl.net)
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 21:52:27 -0400 (EDT)
                     CQWW WPX - SSB

Call: NX5M
Operator(s): NX5M
Station: NX5M

Class: SOSB15 HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:    621
   10:
-------------------------------
Total:    621 x    400  =  508,000

Club: YVCC

Comments:

Finally....an opportunity to test out my 4/4/4/4 15m stack which was finished
back in November.  6 hours of operating told me alot.  Everything seemed to
work well except for my bottom JA antenna.  Back in CQWW SSB (2000) there were
only 2 antennas up and the low JA WAS working.....this weekend it wasn't.  One
of these days I will climb up there and see what has gone wrong.
I had forgotten how much fun 15m can be.  Next year I gotta do this one
seriously.
As for this year, I accomplished what I set out to do and that is good enough
for me.
Once I saw the score hit an even 508k and then noticed the mults were at
400....I said "NX5M is now qrt"; took the headphones off and turned everything
off.
It is amazing to me that out of 5 hours of "running" and 1 hour of "search and
pounce", 400 of the 621 qsos were multipliers.  What a ratio!!!!