[3830] FQP AG8L SO Mixed LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] FQP AG8L SO Mixed LP
From: AG8L@aol.com (AG8L@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 23:08:20 -0400 (EDT)
                     Florida QSO Party

Call: AG8L
Operator(s): AG8L
Station: AG8L

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: Michigan
Operating Time (hrs): 17

 Mode     QSOs   QSOs
----------------------
   40:      4     33
   20:     38    139
   15:      3     17   Total   Phone   CW    Total
   10:                 QSOs    Mults  Mults  Mults
Total:     45    189    234  (   25 +   61 )   86  =  72,756

Club:

Comments:

I was fully expecting 10 and 15 to provide lots of activity, but
those bands were dead when the contest started, and 20 was pretty
crappy too.  When I first listened to 20, I thought the antenna was
disconnected because there was just nothing there.  Conditions did
improve, but never got really good -- even today periods where the
few really strong stations faded almost completely out.

I was surprised at the amount of CW activity, especially among the
county mobiles, but many of the guys on CW were just in there and I
would not have been able to copy them on SSB.

Special thanks to the many county mobile expeditions that really
helped keep the interest level up on Sunday.  It was hard to find
new stations to work, so it was really nice to find the mobiles
frequently showing up in needed counties, or just helping out with
the QSO points.  The biggest problem I had was trying to avoid dupes
on the county mobiles towards the end -- I was using CT, and only
had info on the last county that a station was in.

Congratulations to the FQP organization -- this looks like a contender
for one of the top state QSO parties and I have been impressed by
the ongoing publicity.  Seems like I'm reading something by Jim, K4OJ
promoting the contest at least weekly! hi  Good job Jim!

73, Dave AG8L