[3830] WPX CW WV2LI(N2GA) SO(TS)AB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WPX CW WV2LI(N2GA) SO(TS)AB LP
From: n2ga@aol.com (n2ga@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 21:55:52 -0400 (EDT)
                     CQWW WPX - CW

Call: WV2LI
Operator(s): N2GA
Station: N2GA

Class: SO(TS)AB LP
QTH: NY
Operating Time (hrs): 34:15
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:
   40:    183
   20:    653
   15:    835
   10:     86
-------------------------------
Total:   1757 x    600  =  2,894,400

Club: YCCC

Comments:

My favorite contest, bar none!  Having the Tribander / Single Element category
just adds to the fun.

Equipment was a Force 12 C3S @ 45 ft and dipole for 40m.

After two years in the Turks & Caicos as VP5GA, this was a minor let down, but
still fun!

It was my first time trying single op, two radio operating, and I can see the
potential, although with my station it is pretty much unattained.  With only a
tribander @ 45 feet and a dipole for 40m, I had to switch between 20 and 40 to
utilize the two radios.  Even so, I worked 115 Q's on the alternate radio!
Considering I could only do this at certain times and not during the entire
contest, this is a significant addition to my score.  If I had other antennas,
then I can see a use throughout the entire contest.  I'm sure that's how the
big guns can put up bigger numbers.

Just a quick note to say how impressed I was with Top Ten Devices Single OP two
radio box, the DX Doubler.  It really worked great and let me concentrate on
making QSO's instead of switching.  Dave N3RD got me going the week before and
enabled me to use it during the contest.

So, it was lots of fun!  Thank you to all the great ops out there that heard my
low power station!

73, George