[3830] WPX CW KM3T M/M HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KM3T M/M HP
From: km3t@contesting.com (km3t@contesting.com)
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 08:45:38 -0400 (EDT)
                     CQWW WPX - CW

Call: KM3T
Operator(s): KM3T,KC1XX,K1GQ,K6AW,W1FV,W1MD
Station: KC1XX

Class: M/M HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:      5
   80:    423
   40:    873
   20:   2041
   15:   2169
   10:   1139
-------------------------------
Total:   6650 x   1126  =  21,694,642

Club:

Comments:

Looks like a new M/M record...it wasn't the only record we set this year.  I
came down with the flu this week and logged more hours in the bathroom than
every other contest combined.  By Sunday afternoon K6AW had it, too.  He's
skipping breakfast at Parker's this morning.  :-)  I know how he feels.

Fun contest!  Conditions were interesting, as they always seem to be in this
one.  20 was open for 48 hours...K1GQ did his usual iron-man job on the band
with some help from the rest of us.  15 was great - seemed to be open about 45
out of the 48 hours!  Just wish activity were better in the U.S. and JA.  Or
maybe it was the lack of great JA propagation from here in New England.
European activity just seems to get better all the time...running EU was a
nearly bottomless pit.

10m was a little punk compared to recent months...but when it was there we
could get a steady stream of answers.  The 8-stack on 10 helps a lot...some of
those stations weren't audible on the lower/single antennas.

Steve K6AW stopped here on his way to logging more hours in Finland and did 40m
the first night and hopped around on other bands the rest of the weekend.  It's
fun in this contest to hop around and sample propagation on different bands. a
And everyone got a chance to do that.  Steve has become a frequent visitor
here...I think we're going to have to start the equivalent of a frequent flyer
program for him.  :-)  Thanks again, Steve.  I met Steve for the first time on
our 1999 trip to HC8N for WPX CW -- Steve really impressed me with his 4000+
QSO effort on 15m from there.  Super FB op and a great guy.

Matt did a great job on 80 the first night, logging over 300 stations (mostly
EU).  W1FV came over Saturday and did 80 Saturday night before he had to leave.
 Thanks John!

W1MD really saved the weekend for us...Marty came over both nights to help work
the bands...he hopped around wherever a band needed filling and did a great
job, as usual.  We owe the weekend to him...because of him we all got to get
some sleep.

Thanks for all the Qs -- we had a blast.

73 de KM3T