[3830] WPX CW M3S M/S LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WPX CW M3S M/S LP
From: paul@g0wat.demon.co.uk (paul@g0wat.demon.co.uk)
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 16:51:48 -0400 (EDT)
                     CQWW WPX - CW

Call: M3S
Operator(s): G0WAT,G4DDX
Station:

Class: M/S LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 35

  160:      0
   80:     78
   40:    235
   20:    379
   15:    248
   10:     65
-------------------------------
Total:   1005 x    442  =  863,226

Club: Stevenage and District Amateur Radio Society

Comments:

Well we were very single (radio), though not very multi (persons
operating said radio)...one rig two op's...but I  suppose this is the
class into which we have fallen.

A FB time was had by all and quite pleased with the end result...quite a
variety of style between us as I prefer to run whilst Ron prefers S&P so
that rate meter swung to and fro a touch. This was the first outing for
the Stevenage and District Clubs Contest Call and it was, if not a
catch, at least of interest to the outside world...

Operators: Paul G0WAT and Ron G4DDX

Equipment etc: - Icom IC756PRO (100w) and a choice of HF6V/Carolina
windom @ about 30ft and Doublet @ ditto/logging with SuperDuper (SD)

Operating time: - about 35 hours

Club: - Stevenage and District Amateur Radio Society

We had a great time and are already looking to consolidating our
successes (a few) and planning for our improvements (many) for next
time.

I know some 3830 postings have commented on 10m being good but from our
perspective it was stinky...hope it was'nt at your end!

Does anyone know if there were any other Multi-Single entries from
G...or will we (to our great amazement) be placing a winning MS entry
from G by dint of being the only entrant in our class!

73

Paul
G0WAT