[3830] ARRL VHF K0UK Rover LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL VHF K0UK Rover LP
From: ukbrown@aol.com (ukbrown@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 00:33:37 -0400 (EDT)
                     ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: K0UK
Operator(s): K0UK
Station: K0UK

Class: Rover LP
QTH: Co.
Operating Time (hrs): 17

   50:     16     15
  144:      3      1
  222:
  432:
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------
Total:     19     16  =  42

Club/Team: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

This was my first VHF QSO Party as a Rover. The xyl, KB0QAA and I went to
Mesquite, Nv. for a get away weekend. Left friday evening and arrived late but
had enough energy to see a show and push some quarters.
Went up to a high spot near a water tower in Mesquite and worked 6mtrs and
2mtrs. Had fun even though some thought I might be a DEA agent on the prowl.
Must have been the antenna on the truck roof.
Band conditions were not great until I got back home and 6mtrs really opened
up.  But still had lots to do when we got back.  We plan on going again next
year. Maybe with more antennas and power.  Had fun tho..PTL and God Bless, Bill
and Janice Brown...