[3830] IARU ZS4TX SO CW

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] IARU ZS4TX SO CW
From: zs4tx@qsl.net (zs4tx@qsl.net)
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 15:14:30 -0400 (EDT)
                     IARU HF Championship

Call: ZS4TX
Operator(s): ZS4TX
Station: ZS4TX

Class: SO CW  Power: HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 17

  160:       2                 2
   80:      26                19
   40:     275                42
   20:     132                37
   15:     328                44
   10:     737                51
-----------------------------------
Total:    1500        0      195  =  1,376,115

Club: PRETORIA CC

Comments:

After logging myself after a short CQ I decided that this attack of flu I had
was a serious one. I decided to take a 30 minute nap and when I woke up, (6
hours later!) I felt much better. The last 4 hours of the contest was spent on
15 and 10. Missing the sunrise opening on 40 and 20 to the USA and Oceania
caused some damage to the score.

Bands were open at usual times and signals were strong but lots of broadcast
noise on 40m most of the night. Glad I could work KL9A on a few bands.

Antennas: C3 tribander, 2 x 4 el 10m yagis fixed N & NE, 3 el yagi on 40m, 2 el
yagi on 80m, shunt fed 30m tower for topband.

Hopefully I'll have better luck (and 15 and 20m antennas) next year!

Bernie