[3830] IARU K7ZSD SO Phone

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] IARU K7ZSD SO Phone
From: bradwal@aol.com (bradwal@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 22:39:51 -0400 (EDT)
                     IARU HF Championship

Call: K7ZSD
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SO Phone  Power: HP
QTH: NW Ore
Operating Time (hrs): 23

  160:       0
   80:       0       52       11
   40:       0      104       24
   20:       0      695       68
   15:       0      146       27
   10:       0       15        5
-----------------------------------
Total:       0     1012      135  =  450,360

Club: WVDX Club

Comments:

This was my first contest in several years, and anly heard about the IARU a
week prior. I downloaded Writelog 4 days befor the test, and was very happy
with it. I plan to contest this fall, so this gave me a bunch to think about.
For the most part the old equipment did fine, an Icom 751A, homebrew 4-1000,
Bobtail on 80, 2 el shorty forty at 115', and the 22 yr old KT34-XA at 100'.
The old T2X rotator is tired, and 14 hours into frey, the old amp tank circuit
required my 200 watt sheet metal iron to reach down in and effect a repair. The
two high bands were very thin, and twenty was thick with action from the
evening until QRT. I could hear the Europeans on forty after sunset, but they
didn't seem to be listening up at that time. It was a treat though being called
by D44BS on my frequency on 40! Thanks to all the Pacific and Asian stations on
the bands, they were great! If not for all the US and Canadian stations, it
wouldn't have been much of a test here, they accounted for 58% of my Q's.