[3830] IARU M6T M/S

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] IARU M6T M/S
From: g4piq@btinternet.com (g4piq@btinternet.com)
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 07:26:54 -0400 (EDT)
                     IARU HF Championship

Call: M6T
Operator(s): G4PIQ, G4BWP
Station: G4MRS

Class: M/S  Power: LP
QTH: JO02PB
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:      14        5       12
   80:      87       48       31
   40:     216       31       44
   20:     333      263       64
   15:     375      295       66
   10:     115      149       38
-----------------------------------
Total:    1140      791      255  =  1,686,570

Club: Martlesham DX & CG

Comments:

Rig : 2 x FT1000MP (one Rx only). 100W
Ant : 160 - Inv V Dipole @ 22m
      80  - Delta Loop @ 23m
      40  - 402CD @ 25m
      HF  - TH5 @ 25m

Comments :
Thought it would be interesting to have a play in this contest running low
power only and with a few other constraints. Was really surprised at how
effective 100W was, although somewhat frustrating having mults CQ in your face
(especially on 80 and 40). Always amazing to have people say BIG SIGNAL whenn
you only have low power! Did very little on 160 - usual noise problem at site
and didn't bother to put out a beverage.

Spent an hour and a half before the start of the contest with Fred working in
the rain starting to repair some of the feeders and antennas which had been
broken some weeks before (only had a working TH5 and 160 dipole at that point)
while I put the station together (in the dry!). At the start we swopped over
and I finished the repairs outside (in the sun by now!). Was probably 6 hours
into the event before we had the two operating positions manned properly.

Made a few errors in tactics here and there and if our act had been together I
think we would have wound up with well over 2000 good QSOs.

Andy