[3830] W8AV IARU Multiop Score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W8AV IARU Multiop Score
From: W8AV@aol.com (W8AV@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 06:43:29 EDT
Ops:  K4LT, W8AV=20

Missed OT1U for UBA heard him on 20, called for several minutes, and he=20
disapeared.  Also tried to sneak a QSO out of VE3OSZ on top band for a
mult=20
after he worked W1AW/6, but no luck

Until the sun went down Saturday evening, conditions were pretty dismal.=20=
=A0=20
With the A index hovering around 10-11 all weekend the atmospheric noise
mad=
e=20
copy of some the the weak ones pretty tuff. =A0We ended up calling CQ on
the=
=20
big antennas and listening for the stuff on the tribander at 48' since
the=20
antenna was much quieter than the big antennas.=20
Once the sun finally wnet down 20 meters was killer as was 40 when we
finall=
y=20
went=20
there. =A0Had not planned on going to top band but there were mults to get
a=
nd=20
the 10-15 minutes that we spent there proved fruitful.=20

73......de Goose W8AV=20