[3830] IARU AE0Q M/S

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] IARU AE0Q M/S
From: v31ry@ix.netcom.com (v31ry@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 00:02:19 -0400 (EDT)
                     IARU HF Championship

Call: AE0Q
Operator(s): AE0Q, AB0MV
Station: N0HF

Class: M/S  Power: LP
QTH: Boulder,CO
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:
   80:      14                 5
   40:     105        9       22
   20:     284      117       52
   15:     127       30       38
   10:      49       25        8
-----------------------------------
Total:     579      181      125  =  296,875

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Station:IC-775DSP, C3SS @ 35 ft, 40m vertical, 80m Carolina Windom, TRlog.

Freaky storm blasted through on Saturday afternoon, causing non-stop
static and rolling thunder. No lightning at all, just continuos thunder
that shook the ground.  Neither Merri or I had ever experienced a storm
like this. Then, heavy rain flooded the basement hamshack. We saved
N0HF's equipment from the water and got back on the air with soggy feet.
Unfortunately, Dan's contest certificates were in frames on a ledge
under the window that the water came through and got a bit damp, but we
took them out of the frames and they dried (a little bit wrinkled)
before the contest was over.

The 1999 IARU was the first contest that Merri AB0MV (then KF4OAD) and I
operated together after meeting on the air in 1998, so it was nice to use
N0HF's station to carry on our tradition.

73 - Glenn AE0Q