[3830] NAQP RTTY 7S3A(SM3CER) SO

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY 7S3A(SM3CER) SO
From: sm3cer@contesting.com (sm3cer@contesting.com)
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 09:28:11 -0400 (EDT)
                     North America QSO Party - RTTY

Call: 7S3A
Operator(s): SM3CER
Station: SM3CER

Class: SO LP
QTH: DX
Operating Time (hrs): 2

   80:
   40:
   20:      8      6
   15:
   10:
----------------------
Total:      8      6  =  48

Club/Team: TOEC - Top Of Europe Contesters

Comments:

First I struggled with Writelog a couple of hours before the contest, but I
couldn´t get my PK-232 to communicate via COM1. I had to go back to RTTY by
WF1B and it took a while before I had programmed the messages OK. My PK-232
worked fine now via COM1.

But - when I was ready to go, there was no conditions at all. I could bearly
hear a handfull of stations and when time passed by they only got weaker and
weaker. At 0230, when I had 8 QSO:s in the log, I could hear a couple of
Europeans rather strong, but nothing from stateside. Nothing else to do than go
to bed...

(It's hard to be a contester up in the northern part of Europe. My QTH is at
the same latitude as Anchorage, Alaska).

Thanks anyway and I hope to be back in another one. Hopefully I will solve the
communicating problem, so I can try RTTY with Writelog.

73 de Jan, 7S3A (SM3CER)