[3830] IOTA L80AA/D M/S 100W DXpedition SA-055

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] IOTA L80AA/D M/S 100W DXpedition SA-055
From: cgfernandez@comnet.com.ar (Claudio Fernandez)
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 18:03:40 -0300
IOTA - Contest Summary Sheet - Year: 2001      IOTA Ref: SA-055

Callsign:    L80AA/D              Total Claimed Score 430098

Indicate Section.

IOTA Island IOTA Island IOTA Island World

Permanent: __ DXpedition: __ 100w Dxped: X Single Op: __

Indicate Period: 24 Hour: X 12 Hour: __

Indicate Mode: Mixed: X CW: __ SSB: __

Indicate Category: Multi-Op: X Single Op: __

Note: Multi-Op MUST be 24 hour mixed mode, World MUST be Single Op.

Super-Duper for IOTA: V9.39

Copyright Paul O'Kane EI5DI 1990-99 www.ei5di.com

BAND 80m 40m 20m 15m 10m Total

Valid QSOs SSB 0 4 74 80 184 342

Valid QSOs CW 2 64 170 63 179 478

Total QSOs 2 68 214 143 363 820

QSO Points 6 708 1212 762 1746 4434

Multipliers SSB 1 4 14 10 18 47

Multipliers CW 1 11 15 7 16 50

Total Mults 2 15 29 17 15 97

Island name and/or station location:  Martin Garcia island

TX/RX Kenwood TS-830, Icom IC-751A Power o/p 100 watts

Antennas: 4 Elements yagi for 10 meter, Hustler 4BTV, Dipoles 20, 40 & =
80 meter

Operators: LU7AWP, LU7DW, LW7DX, LW8EXF.

Comments:

 Very emotional to return to IOTA contest, because we

came again to SA-055 and use the LU8ERR's shack (He became

SK last year, I missed you Norbert), his family open

his shack for our operation after a long time without

open the door and LU8ERR's sons support our operation

during all the weekend, His older son tells us: My father

loved the radio meanwhile he was alive.

Our second time as multiop in this contest, we had a

lot of problem during our operations, suffered many=20

electricity interruption, after 5 hours in the contest,

and only 35 minutes of operation, we went to the Prefectura

Naval (Coast Guard) office and ask for a solution, they lend

their Honda's 3KVA generator... Many Thanks to them.

The propagation wasn't good, and with 100 watts is very=20

difficults have a good run, but BIG FUN indeed.

I declare that this station was operated strictly in accordance with

the rules and spirit of the contest and within the conditions of my

licence. My report is correct and true to the best of my knowledge.

I agree that the decision of the contest organisers shall be final

in all cases of dispute. I agree to the data from this entry being

analysed and cross-checked by computer.

This operation was sponsored for the Radio Club Argentino LU4AA=20

Celebrating his 80th Anniversary.

QSL Via LU4AA