[3830] WAE CW W6XR SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WAE CW W6XR SOAB HP
From: force12e@lightlink.com (force12e@lightlink.com)
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 20:56:59 -0400 (EDT)
                     WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: W6XR
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 8
Radios: SO2R

   80:      6            20
   40:    172     49     93
   20:    334    403     68
   15:    312    373     80
   10:      6      0     10
-------------------------------
Total:    830    825    271  =  448,505

Club/Team:

Comments:

Approached this contest very differently as I had very limited time and most of
the antennas are still on the ground.  Had an opportunity to test a new array
but it was only at 40', so don't think I learned much about the new pile of
aluminum.  Decided early on to just enjoy myself and I did.  Had not really
done much in the WAE since 1975 with an old call sign and had forgotten how
much fun this one can be.  Didn't worry about band conditions, nor did I fret
about missing openings --- just had fun.  As always, thanks to all who worked
me and waited as I labored to enter their callsign.

73

Natan W6XR/2

SO2R

Yaesu Mark 5 and Alpha
Icom 746 and alpha

V3 vertical

C39XRN at 40'

Faithful dog companion Sadie D Dachschund Doggie