[3830] NAQP SSB KM3T(@K1EA) SO

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB KM3T(@K1EA) SO
From: km3t@contesting.com (km3t@contesting.com)
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 15:06:57 -0400 (EDT)
                     North America QSO Party - SSB

Call: KM3T
Operator(s): KM3T
Station: K1EA

Class: SO LP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:     16     12
   80:     34     22
   40:    177     43
   20:    316     49
   15:    134     42
   10:     58     20
----------------------
Total:    735    188  =  139,840

Club/Team: 2x4

Comments:

Need to double-check score..may have one or two more mults and a couple more
Qs.

First serious time in NAQP.  Had fun, despite the severe QRN.  Tnx K1EA for
letting me use his station while I'm still working on mine (even though I used
TRLog).  :-)

Highlights:
- Working N2NC in NJ on a bunch of bands with his 80m dipole (including 10/15m)
- Working California on 80m, never thought that would be a highlight.  (tnx
K6NA! Good ears.)
- Used TRLog for the first time...that was fun.  First time I ever used a
logging program besides CT in a contest.  Need to learn TRLog better long
before the contest (not in the hour before).
- Lots of good ops showed up
- SO2R rocks ; WX0B box is pretty nice, gotta get one.  First time doing SO2R
since my last SOAB in CQWW (1995).

Lowlights:
- 80/160 (QRN) wouldn't it be great if noice cancelling headsets could cancel
thunderstorm QRN?
- Maybe it's my lack of a proper setup, but TRLog kept QSYing my log to 10GHz
when I spun the VFO too fast (dead serious).  Now that's predictive
programming!
- Inability to get DVP cabling set up in time with WX0B box.  Next time.