[3830] NAQP SSB W1CRS(DAVE-W1CTN) SO

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB W1CRS(DAVE-W1CTN) SO
From: darruzza@snet.net (darruzza@snet.net)
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 22:40:07 -0400 (EDT)
                     North America QSO Party - SSB

Call: W1CRS
Operator(s): DAVE-W1CTN
Station:

Class: SO LP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:      9      8
   80:     31     21
   40:     75     32
   20:    206     40
   15:    173     33
   10:     73     24
----------------------
Total:    567    158  =  89,586

Club/Team: CONNECTICUT RADIO SOCIETY

Comments:

As usual another fine NAQP summer fling...Hit and miss opening on 10 meters,
but very strong signals. 20 and 15 were my bread and butter bands. 40 always
sounds like a hurricane...lots of noise from SWBC, but full of signals in
between the @#$^^ interference. 80 activity was a bit sparse and 160 operation
here was almost non-existent.

Still trying to do the best we can from a suburban 1/2 acre.

Ant Farm: 160 dipole @ 40'
           80 dipole @ 40'
           40 dipole @ 50'
          Classic 33 @ 45' 20/15/10

Still need an 80 meter vertical and 40 meter vertical array. Listening antennas
are going to be my next project for 160-40 meters. Not enough room for
beverages, so pennants will have to do. If anyone has some practical hands-on
knowledge of pennants please drop me an email.

Hope to see everyone in the upcoming contest season...Listen for the crew of
the Connecticur Radio Society in all upcoming contests.

73 Dave
W1CTN ...sometimes W1CRS