[3830] NAQP SSB N0AV SO

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB N0AV SO
From: n0av@goldfieldaccess.net (n0av@goldfieldaccess.net)
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 08:52:20 -0400 (EDT)
                     North America QSO Party - SSB

Call: N0AV
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SO LP
QTH: IA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:     20     14
   80:     59     32
   40:    154     44
   20:    304     46
   15:     93     41
   10:     44     26
----------------------
Total:    674    203  =  136,822

Club/Team: SMC#1

Comments:

I'm still learning this SO2R game on SSB and have a long way to go to get
somewhat efficient at it. Two radios on SSB seems more difficult than it is on
cw, at least for me. Condx early in the test were very poor but I still only
used up 1 hour of off time before 0000Z...this was not good because despite the
incredible noise the rates were pretty fair later on.

I missed lots of easy mults. 10 meters opened to the east coast after 0000Z but
few stations noticed the opening. As usual I did not try to move enough
stations!

One highlight was working VY1XXV on 40,20 & 15!