[3830] AF8A Mobile OQP Score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] AF8A Mobile OQP Score
From: W8AV@aol.com (W8AV@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 07:30:13 EDT
Here is the AF8A/ M score for the 2001 Ohio OSO Party.

County        CW Q's       SSB Q's
HOLM               14               0
KNOX                 6               0
COSH                5                1
LICK                  5                1
FAIR                  3                0
PERR               10               4
HOCK               21               2
ATHE                15              13
MEIG                18               4
VINT                  17              6
GALL                15               2
JACK                28               3
LAWR               26               8
SCIO                 39               6
PIKE                 27               0
ROSS               26               4
PICK                 29               3
FRAN                39              2
DELA                39               1
MORR               20              3
WAYN               26              1
                      _____          ____
                       463              64    => 527 X 65 MULTS =>34,255

Activity was definately up this year.  Gary and I could hear the pileups
build every time we entered a new county.  Thanks to everyone, especially
AD1C who spotted all the mobile stations on packet.  I looked at the packet
screen after we gor back to Wooster after the contest and saw all the spots
for our 7 mobile stations.  We managed to work all the mobile stations
except
for NN1I.

Unfortunately, Old Sol was up to his merry tricks.  The X5 flare in the
middle of the afternoon really washed out the bands as evidenced by our 6
QSO's each on KNOX and LICK and only three Q's in FAIR.  Once the effects of

the flare subsided, the rates in every county were really good.

Thanks to everyone that got on and made the 2001 OQP a success.  Logs go to
W8AV.

73........de Goose W8AV