[3830] NA Sprint CW N6ED HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N6ED HP
From: n6ed@geocities.com (n6ed@geocities.com)
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 03:47:41 -0400 (EDT)
                     NA Sprint - CW

Call: N6ED
Operator:
Station:

Power: HP
QTH: CA

   80:     18
   40:     58
   20:    103
----------------------
Total:    179 Qs   41 Mults =  7,339

Club/Team: SCCC #2

Comments:

Another challenging experience for me.  After reading the "Sprint CW Rookie
Guide" for the 5th year in a row, I decided to try the slow approach and work
above .050 and below .030 and send 24 wpm to be sure EVERYONE knew I was QRS.
Obviously that didn't register with everyone!!  Several of the top guys are
gonna end up losing a Q because they threw 40wpm at me and didn't wait for the
acknowledgement or just blew me off too quickly after a fill.  I can totally
understand why there is only a small group doing CW sprints due to the "shark
infested waters".  I have been around for several years and was comfortable
sticking it out but I am sure there are many a guy who says "screw it" and
never return.  Anyway, after 103 practice QSO's on 20m, I decided to kick it up
to 30wpm and join the fray on 40/80 where I seemed to be much more welcomed.
Hope everyone enjoyed the Q's.
Will miss the SSB sprint this weekend since I am getting "hitched" so catch you
all in Jan/Feb 2002!
73 de Craig, N6ED