[3830] SAC SSB 2001: OG1F multi-single

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] SAC SSB 2001: OG1F multi-single
From: Timo" <timo.klimoff@kolumbus.fi (Timo)
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 20:02:01 +0300
CALL: OG1F

Contest category: Multi-single

   QSOs Points Multipliers
80m:  158 338 44
40m: 383 926 58
20m: 654 1625 75
15m: 743 1984 81
10m: 306 841 72
Total: 2244 5714 330

Score:  1.885.620
=============

Station Description: FT1000MP, TS850SAT + AL-82, Alpha 91b

Antenna(s):
80m GP, inv V
40m 3/2el yagis, dipole
20m 4/4el yagis, 4el yagi
15m 4/4el yagis, 4el yagi
10m 6el yagi

Operators: OH1MDR, OH1NOA

It was fun!
Propagation was quite good but nighttime propagation on 20m never happened
.We worked 100 US/VE stations on 40 meters. The activity on 80m was low
(W6RJ was heard with 59 signal in the morning). 15m really opened during the
last 1½ hours, big JA pileups and very strong US signals - N3RD was 59+30dB
at 1000z.

The biggest problem was that next to our club house is Formula Karting track
and their biggest annual contest is always on same weekend than SAC SSB.
This means the additional QRN level S2-S4 on high bands - my apologize to
those guys we couldn't copy. Nighttime is not any better: those camping
Formula K drivers have a lot of TV/Video sets + other electric gizmos.
Anyhow, we seem to have the highest qso total (SO/MS) this year - very
interesting, because there is many bigger stations in Finland and Sweden -
so our QTH is playing well.

Congratulations to SK3W. They finished 8470 points above us - that's less
than 2 multipliers! It was interesting to compare qso numbers during the
contest!
Fernebo "pallerallernas" hard work with (Finnish) antennas and PAs has been
succesful!
(Fortunately we did not log any incorrect callsigns or received any wrong
serial numbers)

This was our first contest with WRITELOG. We ordered software on Wednesday
and had not printed manual to take to the clubhouse. No problem, everything
worked FB! There is no way back and I think that we will use WL in the all
future contests.

Thanks again to everyone who called us and

CU in CQWW SSB!

73, Timo OH1NOA