[3830] CQWW RTTY OZ1AA(@OZ7YY) SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW RTTY OZ1AA(@OZ7YY) SOAB HP
From: oz1aa@qsl.net (oz1aa@qsl.net)
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 15:36:41 -0400 (EDT)
                     CQ/RJ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: OZ1AA
Operator(s): OZ1AA
Station: OZ7YY

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Denmark
Operating Time (hrs): 30

   80:     82    169      0     28      6
   40:    146    323     17     40     12
   20:    274    647     28     51     17
   15:    310    810     34     47     20
   10:    113    304     28     37     16
Total:    925   2253    107    203     71  =  858,393

Club/Team: World Wide Young Contesters

Comments:

The contest wasn't worked quite as serious as I had hoped but a busy week in
the school before the contest delayed the preparations to Friday evening. 4
hours before the beginning of the contest I arrived at OZ7YY's QTH and we
started to get the computers and radios ready for some RTTY. Unfortunately
couldn't get the soundcard in Finn's computer to decode signals from two radios
at the same time. It had worked fine on my computer at home the day before, but
even though we tested cables and played around with the setup for hours it was
not working. At 0000Z I decided just to work with 1 radio.

As I didn't get any sleep before the contest I had to sleep during the 2nd
night - also decided to stop early to be back in school today. Anyway, nice to
work some RTTY again - last time I was in RTTY mode was in ARRL RU in January.

Thanks for the QSO's...

Vy 73 de OZ1AA, Thomas