[3830] PAQP AA3B SO Home HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] PAQP AA3B SO Home HP
From: cwtrench@sprynet.com (cwtrench@sprynet.com)
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 20:57:53 -0400 (EDT)
                     Pennsylvania QSO Party

Call: AA3B
Operator(s): AA3B
Station: AA3B

Class: SO Home  Power: HP
QTH: BER
Operating Time (hrs): 22
Radios: SO2R

  160:      39       21
   80:     121      126
   40:     216      390
   20:     152      394
   15:      45       44
   10:      25        7
    6:
    2:
-----------------------------------
Total:     598      982      143  =  280,937

Club: FRC

Comments:

band   CW QSOs    CW pts     Ph QSOs    Ph pts
160        39        78          21        21
80        121       242         126       126
40        216       324         390       390
20        152       228         394       394
15         45        67.5        44        44
10         25        37.5         7         7
TOTAL      598       977         982       982

1959 QSO points  X 143 Multipliers = 280,137 points

Bonus Points (4 QSOs with K3CSG)         800 points

Claimed Score:                       280,937 points

Club or Team Name: Frankford Radio Club

Congratulations to Mats on an incredible score!!!  I am humbled.

I had a great time, although I thought the activity level was a bit off from
last year.  I was particularly disappointed with 80M.  My overall score was
down about 7% from last year.

Ten meters open, as evident from Mats amazing SSB numbers on that band.
However, I did not hear any PAQP activity on the band, and the West Coast
stations I worked on 20 all indicated that they were not hearing anything from
here.  Obviously a blunder on my part.

I missed Bradford for the sweep.  I also missed some other easy mults - KH6,
KP2, VE4.

I tried moving alot of stations from band to band this year.  This seemed to
help improve the Sunday morning doldrums.  I also ran Europe for awhile, but I
was not able to get much of a rate going.  M0SDX was very active and loud!

Thanks to the mobiles for their efforts.  They really added to the fun. Thanks
to NARC for their continued support of this fantastic event.

73 Bud AA3B