[3830] CQWW SSB PY2YU SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB PY2YU SOAB HP
From: py2yu@terra.com.br (py2yu@terra.com.br)
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 12:27:21 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: PY2YU
Operator(s): PY2YU
Station: PY2YU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Brazil
Operating Time (hrs): 34

  160:      2      1      1
   80:      9      6      7
   40:     22      8     16
   20:    465     28     79
   15:   1218     35    107
   10:   1244     36    123
-------------------------------
Total:   2960    114    333  =  3,798,159

Club/Team: TuPY DX Group

Comments:

Equipment Description: TS-450S, MLA-2500B (only one 8875 work) - 500 watts
                       10/15/20 - TH7DX @ 18 meters
                       40 - 2 el. yagi homebrew @ 16 meters
                       80 - Inverted Vee @ 10 meters
                       160 - My tower with 16 meters

Started the contest on 15 meters running about 50 watts because the TV
interference problem here. Lost the best chance to make great rates between
230/350 QSO´s/hour!
On 40 meters I operated with 100 watts because problem on balun I think. The
noise on the bands was really incrible, between S6/S7 on 10/15/20 and S9++ on
low bands, was impossible to copy the week stations!
Saturday because the great opening between USA/EU, I made few QSO´s, but sunday
was much better. I think that propagation last year was much better!

See you in CQ WW CW!

73/DX
PY2YU - Ton
PX2W in contests