[3830] CQWW SSB MW5HOC SOSB/40 LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB MW5HOC SOSB/40 LP
From: mw5hoc@qsl.net (mw5hoc@qsl.net)
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 19:01:38 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: MW5HOC
Operator(s): MW5HOC
Station:

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH: Wales
Operating Time (hrs): 27

  160:
   80:
   40:    214      8     43
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------------------
Total:    214      8     43  =  11,781

Club/Team:

Comments:

This was my first attempt at CQWW and my first contest on HF as a solo
operator.
The Radio was a 25 year old FT-101-E and the antenna was a di-pole 12 feet off
the ground. It seemed to go better than planned.
I was especially pleased to work the U.S.A. working the split. Working split on
an anologue display with an external VFO was an interesting experience!! Thanks
go out to N4PN,K1AR,N4CC,KC1XX,N2NB,W4NYA,K4XS for having decent enough
equipment to pull me out of the noise.
  My score may not be a record breaker, but it has certainly whetted my
appetite ready for next year. With what I learnt this year, next year should be
even more fun.
A very special note of thanks has to go to Lee G0MTN for talking me into having
a go and all the encouragement and support he gave me. THANK YOU LEE!!.
See you all next year.
Darren MW5HOC.