[3830] CQWW SSB P40P(W5AJ) SOAB(A) HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB P40P(W5AJ) SOAB(A) HP
From: w5aj@arrl.net (w5aj@arrl.net)
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 00:21:39 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: P40P
Operator(s): W5AJ
Station: P40V

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Aruba
Operating Time (hrs): 42

  160:     45      7     17
   80:    191     11     31
   40:    431     26     85
   20:    908     34    115
   15:   1476     35    132
   10:   2508     35    122
-------------------------------
Total:   5559     48    502  =  10,600,000

Club/Team: CTR

Comments:

What an impressive setup at P40V with band decoder & a 87A, moving multi's at
the KW level was impressive.   When you say "I met you there now" , you really
do.

Conditions resembled stateside calling with their beams still on EU.

Used a full sized 80-meter loop up held up with a kite Friday night.
Impressive signal reports from US.   (Pictures being developed)

Found Mr. Cactus Thursday while putting out the US beverage.   This turned out
to be error on my part, a nasty infection and issue with being able to run and
be alert during the test.  Will use leather leg coverings next year.
Convinced this is what hurt my ?run? efforts ? more so then the conditions.

Congrads to fellow Texan Jeff   !