[3830] ARRL SS CW K6CTA SO HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS CW K6CTA SO HP
From: nccc@contesting.com (nccc@contesting.com)
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 22:47:18 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes, CW

Call: K6CTA
Operator(s): K6CTA
Station:

Class: SO HP
QTH: SF
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------------------
Total:    600 x     80  =  96,000

Club: NCCC

Comments:

Due to numerous extraneous events, I only had Sunday to play this year (save
for the hour that I sandwiched between oldest daughter's soccer game and my
in-laws 50th wedding anniversary party)! However, it turned out to be a great
day on the radio. This was the easiest sweep that I can remember. No fumbling
over the Canadian mults, and everything that I needed seemed to be coming
my way. Being (finally) comfortable with the 2nd radio made a huge difference.
The few sections that I had to search for were easily found. 10 and 15 played
very well here. Not being frustrated by the SO2R effort made this more fun
than usual!

I didn't seem to have any really slow times on Sunday. Of course, I stopped at
0100Z (5PM out here on the left coast), figuring that most eyes would be on
Game 7, not the radio.

As always, thanks for the Q's. It's fun to meet up with everyone each year.
CU on SSB in a few weeks.

73,
Ed K6CTA