[3830] ARRL SS CW K5AF SO LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS CW K5AF SO LP
From: PaulKB8N@AOL.Com (PaulKB8N@AOL.Com)
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 09:51:25 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes, CW

Call: K5AF
Operator(s): K5AF
Station: K5AF

Class: SO LP
QTH: Tx
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------------------
Total:    970 x     80  =  155,200

Club:

Comments:

Wow!  Conditions wee phenominal.  My major strategic error was chasing sections
early, thinking that the high bands might not be as good on Sunday.  With the
exception of VE1 and VY1, I probably worked every other mult at least three
times.  I had all but given up on Mar, until I heard a weak station identify
that section.  I jumped right in on the other guy's run frequency and managed
to get him, and fortunately the other station (whoever you are, THANK YOU) let
me have the frequency in order to complete the QSO.

I think there is something of a sea change in this latest contest, with many of
the older and younger part-time participants no longer with us.  I remember
steady runs of casual participants on Sunday afternoons.  Now it is
wall-to-wall CQs.  Lets hope we can generate more new ops for the future.

Great contest, as always!