[3830] CQWW SSB N4KG SOAB QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N4KG SOAB QRP
From: N4KG@JUNO.com (N4KG@JUNO.com)
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 10:27:44 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N4KG
Operator(s): N4KG
Station: N4KG

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: ALA
Operating Time (hrs): 23

  160:      3      3      2
   80:     17      6     10
   40:     64     14     36
   20:    168     21     61
   15:    173     25     69
   10:    402    100    266
-------------------------------
Total:    827    100    266  =  843,996

Club/Team: Murphy Strikes at Midnight

Comments:

This started out to be a single band 10M QRP effort but after beating my head
against the Zone 24, 27, and 28 pileups to NO avail for nearly 3 hours, I moved
on to 15M where some of the more rare multipliers seemed to come easier.
Saturday evening did bring home some of the more exotic multipliers on 10M such
as BV, BY, DU, V8, YB, and 9M8.

20M was fun to EU which stayed open most of the night.  40M was TOUGH as a
QRPer but I did manage to work 9 EU multipliers and a few Africans plus JA.
Absorption was simply too high with the high MUF's.

I have never been called N zero KG so often.  I will have to check my mic /
radio / speech processor.  Why didn't I hook up the DVK?

Murphy came to my rescue Saturday night just before local midnight when the VFO
shaft seized on my radio, allowing me to sit out the rest of the contest and
avoid dealing with the solar disturbance.   Sunday morning I did go over to
K4AB's place and picked up his old FT902 but it turned out to be as dead as
the bands.  MONDAY morning, I finally realized my venerable old Collins S-Line
was still sitting in the spare bedroom among my dead Kenwoods...DUH.

Tom  N4KG / QRP  from North  Alabama