[3830] ARRL SS CW N9JF/0 SO LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS CW N9JF/0 SO LP
From: jfunk@adams.net (jfunk@adams.net)
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 13:41:08 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes, CW

Call: N9JF/0
Operator(s): N9JF
Station:

Class: SO LP
QTH: NE
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------------------
Total:    887 x     80  =  141,920

Club: SMC WEST

Comments:

This was the second (annual?? who knows????) Dx-pedition to Nebraska.  My
sidekick, second op and technical wizard, WY0L, is currently teaching in
Budapest.  He declined to accompany me this time, so I loaded up the shack
contents and hoped nothing would blow up mid-contest.  The camp where I set up
FIeld Day style is on a bluff over 1200 feet above the Platte River.  Had a
great time running EU on 15 and 10 before SS started.  My antennas consisted of
two dipoles, one multiband and one for 20 meters, both at about 18 feet, and an
80 meter dummy load (AKA ground-mounted vertical).  Two radios, a TS930 and an
FT900, one in each ear, one key paddle righty and one lefty.  Wanna try this
sometime at 2 a.m.???  I needed VO1/2, VE4 and YT/NWT/NU when I took my first
break.  VO1 something or other and VY1JA called me on Sunday morning; I had to
sweat MB until I found VE4VV at 2355Z for a Sweep.  Thanks for all the Q's. 73,
Jim N9JF/0