[3830] ARRL SS SSB N2NFG SO LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS SSB N2NFG SO LP
From: bobt@gloryroad.net (bobt@gloryroad.net)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 12:33:17 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes, SSB

Call: N2NFG
Operator(s): N2NFG
Station: N2NFG

Class: SO LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:
   80:    273
   40:     74
   20:    116
   15:    364
   10:     75
-------------------------------
Total:    902 x     80  =  144,320

Club: PVRC NC

Comments:

Kenwood 940S with Writelog
Antennas...130' ladder line fed dipole @50', 40/20/15 dipole @55', 10M bisquare
@40', 20M dipole @30'.

This contest is tough from NC with only wires! 20 was just too crowded to do
anything but S&P and I missed the boat entirely on 40 with only 74 Qs. (should
have gotten up earlier on Sunday morning.) The high point was 2 hrs. of 100+ on
75 between 0300 and 0500 Saturday night. With 4 hrs. left to go, I was
wondering if I would ever find Alaska or YT. Running 0n 15 waiting for them to
come to me didn't seem to be working, so I moved up to 10. Working up the band,
I found KL7Y (great QRP signal), and two VY1 stations for the sweep. Whew!
Writelog worked perfectly, the sound board voice keyer is great! I gotta find a
better headset, I found myself taking too many 10-15 minute breaks because of
the discomfort of eyeglass frames being pressed into my ears and head! Maybe
then I'll learn to really enjoy SSB contests.