[3830] ARRL SS SSB K5NA(KI5DR) SO HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS SSB K5NA(KI5DR) SO HP
From: ki5dr@arrl.net (ki5dr@arrl.net)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 18:46:25 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes, SSB

Call: K5NA
Operator(s): KI5DR
Station:

Class: SO HP
QTH: Austin, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:      0
   80:     74
   40:    146
   20:    481
   15:    238
   10:    369
-------------------------------
Total:   1308 x     80  =  209,280

Club: CTDXCC

Comments:

First attempt at SO2R! Still confusing, it'll take a while to get the hang of
it.

Special Thanks to K5NA and K5DU for their wonderful hospitality!  Amazingly, I
coughed my way through bronchitis and a hoarse voice to finish with 1308 (1325
- 15 dupes) to break the 200K barrier.  Personal best for me!

Not only that, but my first clean sweep!  Much thanks to VE8AE for calling me
on 10m Sunday! I actually took time out Sunday morning to hunt down PR, worked
him, then found WP3R right up the band for "insurance".  I finally went back to
calling CQ, only to be answered after my first call by NP4A/M in his driveway!
Three in a row, what a hoot!

I took 3 hours off from 0900z to 1200z Sunday, then ended 3 hours early to get
home and nurse my lungs and throat back to health.  Still can't talk today.

I had a blast this weekend, thanks to everyone who participated!  By the way, I
don't think I've EVER heard so many MN stations on at once - I think I worked
'em all! Great job Y'all!

73's de Scott - KI5DR