[3830] ARRL SS SSB KI0II SO QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS SSB KI0II SO QRP
From: ki0ii@arrl.net (ki0ii@arrl.net)
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 18:01:05 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes, SSB

Call: KI0II
Operator(s): KI0II
Station: KI0II

Class: SO QRP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 20.5

  160:
   80:      9
   40:     43
   20:     83
   15:    145
   10:    156
-------------------------------
Total:    436 x     78  =  68,016

Club:

Comments:

Good conditions, lots of strong signals. Never heard anyone from the "NL"
section or "ID". Could not believe VY1MB would hear me but he did after trying
off and on for 3 plus hours. He is my hero!

Always difficult to work QRP on 80 or 40 meters but have to in order to get
some of the close sections. Most contacts were made with 1 try and no repeats.

Had good success with a new folded dipole at 30 ft on 10 meters and the old
stand by Carolina windom at 30 feet for the other bands. Bigger and higher is
better but copper wire close to the ground can be a lot of fun when that is
your only choice.

TT Omni VI
10 meter folded dipole @ 30 ft.
Carolina Windom inverted V @ 30 ft.