[3830] CQWW CW N5RZ SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N5RZ SOAB HP
From: rbowen@iglobal.net (rbowen@iglobal.net)
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 20:33:08 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N5RZ
Operator(s): N5RZ
Station: N5RZ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 45
Radios: SO2R

  160:     22     10     12
   80:     59     18     34
   40:    419     30     83
   20:    514     31     95
   15:    593     31    100
   10:    784     30    101
-------------------------------
Total:   2391    150    425  =  3,781,200

Club/Team: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Raw Score before fixing country file errors, etc.  I've been out of the country
the past 4 years for WW CW, and was interested in seeing what the home
tribander/dipole station could do.  Had fun, but the 9 hours of S&Ping via skew
path on Saturday morning/afternoon was rather trying!! 10, 15 & 20M had to be
heard to be believed!! Things seemed to straighten out by JA time Saturday
afternoon, and the low bands were much quieter Sat night (but poor EU condx on
80 & 160) -  and on Sunday the Condx were much better.  In fact, 20M was
outstanding Sunday afternoon.

Used a pair of TS850's, AL1200, Alpha 99, 3 tribanders, dipoles on 40 & 80, and
a wire vertical on 160.   The whole station along with TR Log & the new WX0B
SixPak worked flawlessly.  Got about 2 hours of sleep.  The chair time was much
needed, as this was my first serious SOAB since '93.

Thanks to all for the QSO's.

73, Gator